cant open zones*.jpg: permission denied

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
B_jare_hotrods

cant open zones*.jpg: permission denied

Post by B_jare_hotrods »

I have everthing working pretty good, I have linux mint 16 64bit kde, I have installed zoneminder 1 26 5 using apache 2 point 22 not 2 point 4 because I cant get live event view currently to work as i had before i do have a separate issue about not being able to control my wanscam cameras but checking into the zmtrigger.pl and zmcontrol.pl errors as i dont think they are related to this issue

when I click on to establish my zones I get this error

zmu 15238 ERR Can't open Zones2.jpg: Permission denied zm_image.cpp 797

when I tried to do a regular install where it wouled add apache 2 point 4 it would allow me to see a snapshot from that camera but I couldnt see the live event view no matter what I tried going thru the forums and tried to correct but now I have live event view with apache 2 point 22 and now this error message I tried to make sure I covered everthing in the steps for http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... e_easy_way and had to the the install from deb steps in http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Documentation

then when I realized I had this issue I tried to make sure I had the proper added groups and tried to change items in my zoneminder folders permissions but nothing seems to help I never got this message before and dont know where to go from here thanks for any help
sogood007

Re: cant open zones*.jpg: permission denied

Post by sogood007 »

I remember I have the same problem when I first install. I think the directory permission wasn't quite right.

Code: Select all

ls -l /var/cache/zoneminder/images/
total 640
drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data  20480 Jan 14 16:29 ./
drwxr-xr-x 5 www-data www-data   4096 Oct 21 22:53 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 623610 Jan 14 16:29 Zones4.jpg
The directory need to be owned by www-data (assume your apache is running with that user)