Unable to get RTP Info identifier from response

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
skipzoid

Unable to get RTP Info identifier from response

Post by skipzoid »

I am getting the following responce after trying to setup an IP camera;

Unable to get RTP Info identifier from response 'RTSP/1.0 200 OK Server: H264DVR 1.0 cseq: 3 Range: npt=now- Session: 88265480 '

The corect URL to access the IP camera is ; rtsp://192.168.1.10//user=admin_password=_channel=0_stream=1.sdp

And I have verified it provides a valid stream using the test utils at live555, using their openRTSP util.

I've tried many permutations and cant find the right one to get this camera to show in ZoneMinder, would someone kindly offer some suggestions of what needs to get in the relavent boxes on the source tab please.

Thanks,
Uplink

Re: Unable to get RTP Info identifier from response

Post by Uplink »

skipzoid wrote:I am getting the following responce after trying to setup an IP camera;

Unable to get RTP Info identifier from response 'RTSP/1.0 200 OK Server: H264DVR 1.0 cseq: 3 Range: npt=now- Session: 88265480 '
Some cameras do that. I have one of them.

That message doesn't exist in the latest ZoneMinder (1.28.1), but it did exist in 1.26.5 (the one in Ubuntu 14.04).

In addition, 1.28.1 can use libvlc, which is really great, as for some reason the built-in RTSP code says it can't decode any frames from my camera, but VLC works fine.
skipzoid

Post by skipzoid »

How have you made Zm use libvlc to receive and decode the stream ?
Uplink

Post by Uplink »

skipzoid wrote:How have you made Zm use libvlc to receive and decode the stream ?
First, you upgrade to 1.28.1, as 1.25* doesn't know libvlc. Then you get "libvlc" in the same dropdown where you get "local", "remote", "file" now.

I was building my own source (porting from Debian Sid) and I stumbled upon some PPAs in the documentation, if you're using Ubuntu: (Google: "ppa iconnor zoneminder"; the link to the PPA is too spammy for a new user, the forum says) ; I haven't checked the packages in the PPA myself, but they are probably fine.

*I assume you're on 1.25 because of the forum this post is in. I have no idea what distro you're on. You never said :)