Need some help, Cameras not linking.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
Enhein

Need some help, Cameras not linking.

Post by Enhein »

I am fairly new to using linux based systems and I install security cameras for my company. I purchased a bluecherry 4channel card and have it set up and running in Ubuntu 12.04. I was able to get zoneminder installed and running myself, and I am able to connect to the 127.0.1.1/zm, however I cannot get the cameras to link.

Under Source I show /dev/video (0) but its in red. When I click Monitor it shows me a blank screen where I should see the camera.

Like I said, I am new to Ubuntu and not sure what info I need to give you.
When I look at the system profile it shows me 4 Multimedia video controller and 4 audio controllers which I am assuming is my DVR card.

Heres the settings I show now:

Path: /dev/video
Capture: Version2
Channel:0
Format:NTSC
Palette:rgb24
W:352
H:264
Orientation:Normal

When I click Probe it gives me: "Unable to probe network cameras, status is '127'"

I tried browsing the forum and searching but did not find anything, If I missed it I am sorry. I spent the last week trying to research and get this working myself before bothering anyone here.

Thank you in advance.

PS. I would like to add that these are NOT IP cameras.
The Camera: Large Dome Camera, Sony Effio-E DSP Chipset, 1000TVL, ICR, 2.8-12mm, IP66, 12VDC
The CARD: PV-981 - 4 port video capture card (120FPS) - Realtime recording (PCI-E version)