nullmailer configuration

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
hmjgriffon

nullmailer configuration

Post by hmjgriffon »

I can't seem to get zoneminder to work with nullmailer to save my life. I got nullmailer working, I can send emails from the terminal and it uses my gmail. For some reason I keep seeing this error in the log though.

Can't send email: SMTP Failed to connect to mail server: Connection refused at /usr/bin/zmfilter.pl line 1004

Can't find much of anything online anyone know what could be wrong or need me to post any information? My house was broken in to about a week and a half ago and I ordered some IP cameras from amazon. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also for some reason the forum things my error is spam so I had to break it up. :(
a_aguas

Re: nullmailer configuration

Post by a_aguas »

I was with the same problem, forget nullmailer and start using Postfix. Here is the configuration for GMAIL,

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... it=postfix
hmjgriffon

Re: nullmailer configuration

Post by hmjgriffon »

I wonder why they have you configure nullmailer while you're installing zoneminder if it doesn't work very well then. I did find a few things talking about how to set up postfix for gmail in zoneminder online so I guess I will try that next, does anyone know if the pre-made virtual machine already has email alerts and everything working?