ZoneMinder MoDetect not picking up people walking by

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
phyregold

ZoneMinder MoDetect not picking up people walking by

Post by phyregold »

If a car of something walks by, Zoneminder will record that, however if its someone just walking by, ZoneMinder doesnt register this as an event. Even though to me the person is bigger and in the camera view longer..

I'm using the preset Fast- High Sensitivity, is there something I cna change or adjust in order to pick up the people walking by? My Zone is 100% of camera view

Thanks!
bb99

Re: ZoneMinder MoDetect not picking up people walking by

Post by bb99 »

Try experimenting with "Min/Max Alarmed Area". If your current value is 5 (min) decrease it to 3 (or less). This value represents the percentage of the entire frame that must change to alarm if your units is set to percentage.
mikb

Re: ZoneMinder MoDetect not picking up people walking by

Post by mikb »

As this seems to be one of the recurring questions with setting up ZoneMinder -- "Why is it detecting nothing" vs "Why is detecting everything" :) -- is there any mileage in adding something like a VU meter (for audio) to the zone display/settings adjuster, showing how "alarmy" the picture is in real time? With thresholds shown on it for "this is not an alarm", "this is what *I* call an alarm", "this is so huge it is NOT an alarm" etc.

It does feel a little like guesswork when first adjusting things, no matter how good the documentation gets, due to the lack of feedback.