Problems with new install of 1.25.0

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
garyc

Problems with new install of 1.25.0

Post by garyc »

Hi all,

I have been a fan of ZM for several years and had a 1.24.x version running on my old centos 5 server and was happy - apart from not being able to update to 1.25.x for some reason...

Anyway, I just update my linux box to a newer machine and created a new server using centos 5 again and reinstalled ZM following the Wiki guide for centos (as I always do) and am having all sorts of issues.

First, I do not get a login screen on first start - presumably because the default is un-auth mode. (long time since I was last at this stage so cannot remember whether that is normal). I just go straight to the main console screen.

Once there I click on options and then OPT_USE_AUTH, then save and all that happens is the main ZM screen refreshes itself in the options pop up window but OPT_USE_AUTH is not saved. stop/start ZM and no change. I have spent a couple of hours searching the forum and web for a solution without luck.

Anyway, thought I would set up a monitor and get a similar result?! Monitor window pops up, select remote and modect then click on source tab and all that happens is the default ZM screen appears in that window and nothing is saved!

I found a post somewhere that said how to essentially force the login screen to appear by editing the DB table for someone who had deleted the admin user. That worked to bring up the screen but I could not get any further with any user name and pw combination in any way related to ZM.

I have also tried removing everything and re-installing more times than I care to admit!

So, I must be doing something well wrong but am at the end of my knowledge.

I am running Centos 5.10; PHP5.3 (I need this for another application) and everything else described in the wiki.

Any help warmly welcomed...

Cheers

Gary
garyc

Re: Problems with new install of 1.25.0

Post by garyc »

No one out there with any suggestions?