Modetect never finishes

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
az10sbum

Modetect never finishes

Post by az10sbum »

I am reposting this question so it can be it's own topic. Hopefully someone has an idea of what I can try.

I am using two Foscam network cameras set to Modetect. When I get a detection on either camera, I will see "New Event" with a duration of 0.00 seconds on the list of events. (I have it setup so my events are normally named after my cameras like "C1_Event_9").

If I stop zoneminder using

Code: Select all

systemctl stop zm.service

and then restart it, the task name of the hung event will change to an expected name, and it is clear that the hung event was recording the whole time because the duration will change from 0.00 seconds to something very large. Also, if I change the camera from Modetect to Monitor, the task will complete. It seems like Modetect just doesn't ever stop although the motion detection trigger seems to work fine.

As an example, my wife drove into the carport the other night, and this morning my disk percentages were way up. I stopped zoneminder, restarted it and had a very long Motion event that triggered when she drove in.

What can I check?

Thanks

Dave Miller
bb99

Re: Modetect never finishes

Post by bb99 »

Sounds like the monitors were inadvertently linked. Delete both monitors and recreate (use a different name) being careful not to mess with the linked monitor section at all.
az10sbum

Post by az10sbum »

Thanks bb99. This was the problem.

I first tried to unlink the monitors by opening and editing the cameras, but it seems that once they are linked, you can't unlink them. At least the selection wouldn't "un-highlight". I am guessing this is the reason for the specific instructions
Delete both monitors and recreate (use a different name) being careful not to mess with the linked monitor section at all.
(Perhaps this is a bug with the control that could be added to the development list?)

I then deleted the cameras and created them again and the problem was solved.

Thanks again

Dave Miller
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

This issue does not need any fixing, it's already fixed in 1.26.x
The code in 1.26.x simply ignores linking a monitor to itself.
Kfir Itzhak.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Control left click should remove the link but it's not a sure thing. Deleting and recreating is
Zoy58

Post by Zoy58 »

Just a quick note - if you are using a Mac, to unlink monitors it is Command + click, NOT Control + click

But the good news is - it works :)