Black Background montage screen

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
kp4djt

Black Background montage screen

Post by kp4djt »

Folks,
I am running 1.25, we use it mostly right now to monitor the cameras, and just manually
start/stop a capture when the operator sees something he wants to document.

What I need to do is change the background to a dark color so the screen will not be
so bright, the other screen in the control room are all dark background and easy to
watch, the screen with ZoneMinder is way bright, but if I drop down the intensity it
is hard to see what the cameras are displaying.

I went in and copied the /skins/classic directory to a directory called black. I am
just trying to figure out which of the files has the correct background control point
so I can change it.

Does anyone know which one I need to change to get a dark background?
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
ZM demo www.wchast.com/zm
PacoLM

Re: Black Background montage screen

Post by PacoLM »

Hi,

I have no idea of php, but I will try to check the file /usr/share/zoneminder/skins/classic/views/console.php and the file /usr/share/zoneminder/skins/classic/views/css/console.php to see if the background color could be set there.

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

Gracias, hermano... I have done some looking, and even tested some by changing them
pero no hay alegria...

I think that the ones I changed had to do with other screens, I would like to generally change
all of the white backgrounds of the screens to something dark so that the screen will not be
so bright in a low light room, I am sure I am not the only one, if you have ZoneMinder set up
in a monitor facility like a 911 center or a NOC where you have low lighting and a lot of screens
you do not want a screen "screaming at you" like ZM does with it's very white screens.

CODERS NOTE, I think a place to change that background settings would be quite handly
or at least a good note as to where to go to do so, anytime ZM is used in a low light environment
you need to be able to tone down the background on the screens. The images are just fine.
on the one in question the images of the different areas of the plant being monitored are just
exactly where they should be intensity wise, but the bg is just way too bright.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

The more I dig the more I think that this is the default color so it has not been called out, so I am thinking that if I want to change the background color I am going to have to add the bits and pieces, and this is kind of out of my comfort zone.

Anyone give me some guidance here so I do not mess things up?
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

Found it, the location is:
root@vigilant:/usr/share/zoneminder/css/reset.css

Before changing:

Code: Select all

body {
    line-height: 1;
    color: black;
    background: white;
}

After changing

Code: Select all

body {
    line-height: 1;
    color: black;
    background: black;
}
I am going to look at what I can do to keep the default and add color by page,
there are some pages that the white background is OK, there are others that
I would like to color code so the users do not have to look hard at the page to
know what it is.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

Now that I have a better idea of what is going on, I was just trying to figure out where reset.css is called, copy the file to resetblack.css and call it when I want to use a skin called "black" that way it is under control of the skin and not the default end of the house. Indeed I would like to color the screen based on the screen, but I have got to figure out how to override the color established by reset.css, the important screens are the montae screen and the console screen, the console screen can be another color, it is the montage that needs to be black.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com