Any way to test an RTSP feed URL from inside ZoneMinder?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
mcaramb

Any way to test an RTSP feed URL from inside ZoneMinder?

Post by mcaramb »

Using an inexpensive Chinese camera from IPS. It only supports RTSP MPEG. It doesn't use MJPEG at all to my dismay. The URL is:

rtsp://192.168.0.180:554/11

This feed is verified viewable in my desktop VLC player, but Zoneminder doesn't seem to get it. When I click on the preview image in the list of Monitors I just get a broken icon. I was wondering if there was another way to test the URL from inside ZoneMinder or at least get an idea of where it's going wrong. The URL structure might be correct, but perhaps the compression used isn't compatible? My HTTP MJPEG feed cameras work fine.

the Video feed parameters are:

Resolution: 640x360
Bit Rate: 768
Max Frame: 25
Bit Rate Type: VBR
I Frame Gop: 200
Audio: Off

In ZoneMinder, I've setup my source as:

Remote Protocol: RTSP
Remove Method: RTP/RTSP
Remote Host Name: 192.168.0.180
Remote Host Port: 554
Remote Host Path: /11

Should be working right? But I don't see anything when clicking on the name of the monitor, nor does it record anything when set to record, nor do I see anything in the preview when setting up motion detect zones.

Tearing my hair out. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
Ehover_India

Re: Any way to test an RTSP feed URL from inside ZoneMinder?

Post by Ehover_India »

Hi....

I have also faced this problem

later I found a guide which says, for RTSP stream we need to select ffmpeg as source type in general tab and no need to mention maxfps, in the source tab put rtsp://..... url of your camera video feed in source path, set resolution.... thats all

try this....
Ehover_India

Post by Ehover_India »

also please share if any one got RTSP streams working with Remote Protocol: RTSP enabled in zoneminder instead of ffmpeg......
stenny73

Post by stenny73 »

Hello

I use
Maximum FPS nothing
Alarm Maximum FPS nothing
rtsp://<admin>:<admin>@192.168.6.91/11 or rtsp://<admin>:<admin>@192.168.6.91/12

look with vlc to streaminfo. it is at rtsp://<admin>:<admin>@192.168.6.91/12 640*352 (wansview)