H.264 Camera Distortion Periodically

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
joako

H.264 Camera Distortion Periodically

Post by joako »

I have setup a generic IP camera that seems to work OK. However in Zoneminder I am forced to use the source type Ffmpeg because that camera sends non-hexadecimal characters in the RTSP session ID and Zoneminder only expects hexidecimal in that field, so I do not have the setting Source: Remote + RTSP to compare with.

When I use the Ffmpeg source the image sometimes is OK but sometimes it is not and half of the image is distorted badly. How can I resolve this? The camera always views OK through its web-interface. I have attached and example frame. This will go on continuously for minutes.
Attachments
100-capture.jpg
100-capture.jpg (65.45 KiB) Viewed 2929 times
Ehover_India

Re: H.264 Camera Distortion Periodically

Post by Ehover_India »

Hi....

till now no problem all good
I have enabled authentication in zoneminder and restarted

Now I am also facing same problem

I use very less resolution (320x240) and whole image gets distortion

please give any suggestion.....
stenny73

Post by stenny73 »

Hello

i have this Problem on wansview when i Insert in Maximum FPS or Alarm Maximum FPS any fps.

do insert nothing in Maximum FPS or Alarm Maximum FPS

(sorry for my english)

stenny
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Here are my comments from the ZM 1.26.4 area:

I had this same issue with ZM 1.25.0 and my recent upgrade to 1.26.4. Running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I actually rebuilt the server with a fresh Ubuntu 12.04 Server, X264 and ZM 1.26.4 from the Launchpad repository (see my how to in the Ubuntu specific area of the WIKI). I have 11 Linksys IP cameras, 1 Vivotek IP camera, and 1 Logitech USB camera on a Core 2 Duo, 2.66 MHZ with 8 GIG RAM. The Vivotek was running on FFMPEG H.264 stream and recording smeared images every two minutes or so.
Earlier tonight I switched the Source to Remote
Remote Protocol: RTSP
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP
Remote Host Name: IP of camera
Remote Host Port: 554
Remote Host Path: set to the H.264 camera stream setting

Happy to report it has been over two hours with no smeared images! Only things that move get recorded.

bb