How to record last 24h?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
LucaTNT

How to record last 24h?

Post by LucaTNT »

Hi everyone,
I'm using a couple of Foscam cameras (H264 via RTSP), and at the moment I'm just using motion detection to trigger recordings.

I would like to add a continuous recording of the last 24 hours, which automatically discards older footage. Is that possibile?

Thanks in advance,
Luca
mikb

Re: How to record last 24h?

Post by mikb »

LucaTNT wrote: I would like to add a continuous recording of the last 24 hours, which automatically discards older footage. Is that possibile?
Yes.

Set up a second "camera" entry, accessing the same physical camera. Configure it for "Function" as "Record" (not Modetect or Mocord) and set an appropriate frame rate up if needed, plus any other settings you needed for the the 1st version of the camera that is mo-detecting.

Under "Source/Misc/Section Length" set a size (in seconds) to break the video up into, e.g., 10 minute sections, to make discarding older material easy.

Set up a "filter" to discard older events, you will need to adjust it to only affect the RIGHT events, not ALL events, so experiment carefully and test before you run it!

There is a filter "PurgeWhenOld" which will start you off, you can adapt that. You need a rule like "Date" "Less Than" "1 day ago" (which means older than 24 hours), and you need to tick "Delete All Matches" if it isn't already. You will need to add an extra rule clause so that this rule doesn't blow away ALL events older than 24hours, so add a line "and" "Monitor Name" "Equal To" "[My2ndCamerasNameHere]"

Test the filter with "Submit" to see what it matches -- at first it won't match anything, as the events won't be old enough -- if you are impatient try testing with "Less than" "1 HOUR ago". "Submit" won't delete anything, just show you what you're potentially deleting. Run the filter manually with "Execute" to REALLY delete stuff. If you're happy with the results, you can save it and run it in the background to keep on deleting automatically.

Hope that helps!
LucaTNT

Re: How to record last 24h?

Post by LucaTNT »

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks mikb!
Tomorrow I'll play with all of that :D