motion sensor lights turning off and generating event

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
tkalfaoglu

motion sensor lights turning off and generating event

Post by tkalfaoglu »

hi there.. right in the path of the camera, there is a motion-sensor light which turns on and off.
Turning on is no problem, I'm glad for it, the camera does a better job. But I also get an event when the light turns off a few minutes later, which is unnecessary. I was not able to find how to exclude such large scale events.
I did see the max-pixels settings in the zone setup but I'm not sure what values to try there.. 10? 255? 65535?

Many thanks for any feedback, -turgut
mikb

Re: motion sensor lights turning off and generating event

Post by mikb »

Hmmm.... the size of the "event" of the light turning on, which you say you want, is the same as the disturbance of the light turning off. Pretty much a whole-picture-change.

I can't see how you would distinguish one from the other. That is, if you say "ignore big changes", it will also ignore the light coming on.

You would have to then rely on the changes after that, e.g. Mr Burglar wandering around in the light.

Test this carefully before committing to any settings you might regret! I'd live with a bit of over-enthusiastic event recording, rather than missing the vital moment.