Events in the cloud

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
gian72

Events in the cloud

Post by gian72 »

Hi to all. I've searched in the forum but found nothing about my problem...
The problem is that I've setup cams in my house that are all functioning. Now think that a thief comes in and steals the computer where ZM is running... all traces lost!
So what I try to do is to upload events to a "secure" zone in the cloud souch as mega.co.nz (50 GB for free!!!)
Has some one done something like this?

Thanks!

Gianluca
mikb

Re: Events in the cloud

Post by mikb »

gian72 wrote:So what I try to do is to upload events to a "secure" zone in the cloud souch as mega.co.nz (50 GB for free!!!)
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Documentation

Skip to "Filtering events"

"If you do this then the subsequent dialog will also allow you specify whether you want this filter automatically applied in order to delete events or upload events via ftp to another server and mail notifications of events to one or more email accounts."

So there is a mechanism using FTP protocol to push events offsite. Now, does your free hosting support upload by FTP?

If not, change hosts, or more extensions to ZM needed to cover trying to automate web-uploading.

Another idea might be if the remote-storage allows you to map their drive at your end, like a mounted file system, although I guess few of the hosting companies provide a linux-like solution to that. Then you could just save (or copy) the events into /mount/remote/place/here ... and ZM would never need to know it was "remote".
gian72

Post by gian72 »

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunatelly none of the free services support (s)ftp, but some, like dropbox, let "mount" (ie syncronize) a dir of the filesystem.
I'l try to do that and if successfull, post back here!

Gianluca
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Take a look here http://www.andreafabrizi.it/?dropbox_uploader

Hope it helps,

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...