IP video door entry

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
sipi

IP video door entry

Post by sipi »

Hi,

I'ld like to integrate an IP video door entry cam to my zm. The cam can streaming video by rtsp. I can watch it by vlc but I can't setup it on my zm. I think the probelm is that very simple connect to cam in vlc: Open Network, then select rtsp protocol and insert cam IP address. There isn't any path to stream what need when I'ld like setup it on zm.

It is a 2N Helios Vario IP Door Entry with camera. (www.2n.cz)

Someone can help me how can I setup it or what is correct rtsp setup for this device?

Thanks.
bb99

Re: IP video door entry

Post by bb99 »

Try using FFMpeg as the source on monitor general tab. Usually does the trick.
sipi

Post by sipi »

Thanks, but I tried it. I selected ffmpeg and setup rtsp://ip_adress but there isn't any picture only a blank white screen... Do I need more setup somewhre?
MKEbrew

Post by MKEbrew »

Just a guess, but is ffmpeg installed?
Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor »

If you do a forum search, you will see that the subject of RTSP pops up a lot.
I have even posted regarding problems with RTSP, and as yet I have not found a fix for my problem, so I have been forced to use http stream with my camera with a max of 640x480 @ 5fps.

I do hope you have better luck.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Some ffmpeg problems are resolved by enabling it in the options section and entering the proper paths; although it's reported that the latest versions aren't working in some distributions. FFMpeg is very useful as it handles most stream formats with ease and fairly automatic.