Certain event directories missing

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
jimboj

Certain event directories missing

Post by jimboj »

Can anyone think of a reason why events would be in the database but be missing from the disk? That is aside from manual deletion.

Running 1.25.0 Ubuntu 10.04-3

Recently I did notice my load was ~5 and the processor is a quad core. I'm thinking this could something to do with it.... I just haven't seen it fail that way before. I've also reached my 'purge when full' percentage. Yes the rule uses delete ascending first, not descending.

Thanks much in advance!
jimboj

Re: Certain event directories missing

Post by jimboj »

I forgot posting on the weekend means no one sees your post.
mikb

Re: Certain event directories missing

Post by mikb »

jimboj wrote:I forgot posting on the weekend means no one sees your post.
I've seen something like this and not understood the mechanism.

Sometimes, an event in the list will appear as "Event-220(r)" and will show up as having no frames. There often IS a directory with some content in from "around" that time +/- a handful of seconds, with correctly formed .JPGs in, which makes me think it's a timing issue if the machine gets bogged down, the timestamp used to create the directory and event end up different so they don't reconcile as being "the same".

This is usually tickled by backups, or ClamScan kicking in at certain times, which would spike the load a little.

It also seems to cause "gapless" playback of events to stall, if you start before the glitch, hit >> to get to x10 speed, whizzing through motion events, playback will halt -- no amount of pause/unpause/next/faster/slower gets it moving. You have to shut the event-view and reopen it after the "poisoned" event.

It's a minor annoyance, but I haven't found how to reproduce it solidly.