Naming convention for "downloaded video" clips

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
mikb

Naming convention for "downloaded video" clips

Post by mikb »

Hi!

I'm in the process of setting up and experimenting with ZoneMinder 1.25.0, and have got most of it under control (I think, anyway!) but hit a problem with video downloads.

I've configured the option for "downloading" a video clip (using FFMPEG) to get me a compliant AVI video :-

Options/Images/FFMPEG output options "-r 25 -q:v 5 -f avi -vtag XVID -g 60 -bf 2 -vf hqdn3d"

Now, all I'm missing is a way to get a better filename, as any videos I "download" through this have a name like "Event-6-r1-s1.avi" which is not useful to me. What I'm after is something like
"YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS-CamNN.avi" so that the downloaded clips sort into natural time order. including camera name. A lot of other parts of ZM support tokens to replace %Something with dynamic data. Changing the camera's "event name" from "Event-" to "Event-%something" doesn't seem to be the answer, I got literal % signs in it instead. So no token support there?

Is there anywhere I can tweak this to get the file automatically renamed? I see that you can manually rename the event, but I'm looking for a better name in the first place.

Any tips? Can I override the FFMPEG command output name somehow?
gregom

Re: Naming convention for "downloaded video" clips

Post by gregom »

I would like to see this as well.

Free bump for you.
mikb

Re: Naming convention for "downloaded video" clips

Post by mikb »

gregom wrote:I would like to see this as well.

Free bump for you.

In case you don't find it, my partial solution is posted at :- http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 29&t=20959

Which is working so far, you may pick some bones out of that ...