Still having socket_sendto problems

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
hansie

Still having socket_sendto problems

Post by hansie »

Hi,

I have seen topics about the socket_sendto ... no such file or directory... problem, and I have also seen solutions, but for some reason the solutions do not work for me.
Everything works fine if I go to ZM in my internal network. However, if I try to see my camera image from the internet, the above error messages reappear, and I get a Cambozola classnotfoundexception.

One solution mentions an issue with cgi-bin where the standard cgi-bin in httpd.conf is being changed to the cgi-bin in the zoneminder tree.
I have ZM 1.25 (on CentOS 6.3, 64bit) and there is no cgi-bin in the zm tree which is in /var/www/html. The two programs (nph-zms and zms) are in the standard cgi-bin directory.

The issue seems to only appear when I go to ZM via the internet, not when I go directly to the linux server.
Could this be a firewall issue ? I'm only using ports 80 and 443. Both are open in my firewall.

I'm a bit confused and don't know where to look anymore.
Can anyone please help me out ?

Thanks,
Hans
hansie

Re: Still having socket_sendto problems

Post by hansie »

Anyone, please ?
ctimbrell

Post by ctimbrell »

My problem was using port 78 instead of 80 on apache. As soon as i reverted to 80 the problem was fixed. However, i am not sure why this was as i am no apache expert, or even proficient with apache for that matter.

Hope this helps
axelm

Post by axelm »

SELinux or firewall issue maybe?
hansie

Post by hansie »

Hi Axel,

Thanks for answering.

Nope. Disabled SELINUX and stopped both iptables and ip6tables, as per instructions....
(and rebooted..)