Doing video rotation to another disk and mocord?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
marcmerlin

Doing video rotation to another disk and mocord?

Post by marcmerlin »

I have 2 things I'd love to do.

1) I'd like to use my always on disk for ZM to record, but every few hours, I'd like to move the recordings to a disk array that I otherwise spin down.
It looks like I can just go to something like zoneminder/events/1/13/01/17 and move data to another disk while leaving a symlink behind.
Is there a pre-made script that does this, or should I write my own?

2) I know about Mocord, but I think what I'd like is to have Modect which I keep kind of long, but also have continuous recording to different files, which I throw away every 24H or so without discarding the modect events.
Is that possible, or are they linked and I can't delete continuous recording without deleting motion events too?

3) I have OPT_FAST_DELETE enabled. When I delete events, I understand zmaudit is supposed to delete the disk files, although it doesn't seem to be doing this reliably or timely for me.
How often is it supposed to run and clean up?
Are there known problems were disk events don't always get deleted later?

Thanks,
Marc
B F

Re: Doing video rotation to another disk and mocord?

Post by B F »

2) Maybe set "Section length" to the desired length e.g = 300 (5 minutes) and also set 'Options->Config->EVENT_CLOSE_MODE' = alarm

Then setup a filter "Purge WhenFull" to do something like :

Archive Status - equal to - Unarchived Only
and
Disk Percent - greater than - 90
and
Alarm Frames - equal to - 0

On 'Save' enable 'Run filter in background'.
marcmerlin

Post by marcmerlin »

B F wrote:2) Maybe set "Section length" to the desired length e.g = 300 (5 minutes) and also set 'Options->Config->EVENT_CLOSE_MODE' = alarm

Then setup a filter "Purge WhenFull" to do something like :

Archive Status - equal to - Unarchived Only
and
Disk Percent - greater than - 90
and
Alarm Frames - equal to - 0

On 'Save' enable 'Run filter in background'.
Hi again B F, thanks for your pointers.

Thanks for pointing out config/event close mode=alarm, that's useful.
I also found that frame skip should allow me to record fewer frames in the case of non motion triggering video, but go back to full frame rate if there is motion detected. Is that correct?

For the filter, I hadn't yet noticed how configurable they were.
I was able to use 'and date less than -2 days' to delete anything more than 2 days old as shown in http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... ssage_Logs

Thanks for your help,
Marc
B F

Post by B F »

I also found that frame skip should allow me to record fewer frames in the case of non motion triggering video, but go back to full frame rate if there is motion detected. Is that correct?
I can't recall what 'frame skip' does but in your Monitor window 'General' tab there will be 'Maximum FPS' and also 'Alarm Maximum FPS', in my setup I have :

Maximum FPS: 5.00
Alarm Maximum FPS: 25.00