Page 1 of 1
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:37 pm
Happy with my current Modect setup, on an event trigger it records just the right amount of pre / post roll frames (typically 16 seconds) and then uploads the JPG sequence.
However if I select Mocord and an event is triggered it will upload a whole 600 second block.
Is there a way to get ZM to upload only the frames I'm interested in (Modect) other than to reduce the "Section length" setting and hope an event doesn't straddle multiple blocks?
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:27 am
Perhaps there isn't a way. How do others handle FTP uploads when in Mocord mode?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:29 pm
Due to upload bandwidth restrictions seems the best option is to set "Section length" = 60 and also set 'Options->Config->EVENT_CLOSE_MODE' = alarm*
* "The 'alarm' setting means that if an alarm occurs during the event, the event will be closed once the alarm is over regardless of when this occurs. This has the effect of limiting the number of alarms to one per event and the events will be shorter than the section length if an alarm has occurred." Or in my case possibly longer than the section length..
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:05 am
I didn't answer your original post because if you're happy with modect then why mess with mocord? I'm willing to take a guess on this: set up 2 monitors against a single camera; one modect and one mocord and make each of them do what you want them to do. Guessing again: modect for notification, mocord for later review? Did I get anywhere close?
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 am
With modect the system is constantly on but would only record when an event was triggered.
- I had approx 90GB of disk space that was never being used
- might as well record all the time if it's monitoring all the time
- now have two days of retrospective data
- much greater overlap of recording available either side of an event but still only the event is uploaded off-site
- events outside the active zone will still be recorded e.g. overspill onto the street where sometimes friends park their cars but it's an area that isn't covered by the active zone & normally I'm not interested in.
- curiosity; something left an unusual trail through the snow in my garden last night. It was too small to register as an event but by reviewing the footage I discovered the source, a mouse.
Thanks for the tip. My method outlined above appears to work ok so I'll stick with that for now.
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:51 pm
Could you please post a detailed setup about how you actually managed to make ZM upload records? Here, it just records locally, but fails to zip and upload them.
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 pm
My replies to your posting at http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 64&p=78090
cover about as much as I understand of the upload process. In the 'Event Filter' attachment for Email substitute it to use the 'Upload to Server' filter with similar setting and then when you 'Save' enable 'Run filter in background'.
If you use SFTP to upload the following might help http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 248#p75248
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:50 pm
As I last replied: "TAR or ZIP files aren't created.". So, logically, nothing is uploaded. That's the reason why I asked for a detailed setup of yours.