Dlink PTZ control script needed

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
cgprasad

Dlink PTZ control script needed

Post by cgprasad »

Hi
Has anybody configured Dlink PTZ cameras with their PTZ functions active.

Also looking for Foscam 8620 PTZ camera control script.
Regards
jonathancnewcomb

Re: Dlink PTZ control script needed

Post by jonathancnewcomb »

If you can get me the source code for the web interface using wget I may be able to write one
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Have you tried the Foscam PTZ control script in the wiki?
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Foscam
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
cgprasad

Post by cgprasad »

I've tried the foscam script on FI8908 and FI8918 cams on ZM 1.24 . It work weel. However when I installed 1.25 on ubuntu server 12.04, inspite of installing the same script in the desired location, I'm unable to see any of the cam script names in the drop-down. I can neither see Axis , panasonic or foscam script. This is a peculiar problem.

I'm trying to configure dlink and foscam 8620. Unlike foscam 8908 and 8918 the 8620 is a zoom camera. So I'm unsure if the script of 8908 / 8918 would work for PTZ too.
Will try again and post the feedback. But wonder why the drop-down doesn't show any of the cams, inspite of scripts being present in the directory.
Has the control script directory changed in 1.25 ??
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

There is one small change you have to make to any custom control scripts after an upgrade to 1.25 (the scripts that ship with zm already have this done):

Change this line:

Code: Select all

use ZoneMinder::Logger qw(:all);
To:

Code: Select all

use ZoneMinder::Debug qw(:all);
As jonathancnewcomb hinted at, you can usually see what the ptz commands should be by viewing the html source of the cameras webpage.

The actual folder location of your script files did not change with 1.25. Rather that location is dependant on the linux distro you are running and how you installed zm in the first place. If you can't find the script files just execute the following from a command line:
sudo locate PanasonicIP.pm
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
cgprasad

Post by cgprasad »

Thanks
I'll try changing that "logger" to "debug"

But i wonder why , the drop down for "control type" does not show anything ( it shows none), if the source type for that cam is selected as "ffmpeg"

There are certain cams that support only H.264 and no mjpg. In that case I have to specify the source type as "ffmpeg" and aource path as "rtsp://..." instead of selecting source type as "remote". In the latter case i can see the drop down list for control types. But if i use source type as "ffmpeg" the drop down list for control type shows "none"

Any help is appreciated.
Regards
Prasad
cgprasad

Post by cgprasad »

jonathancnewcomb wrote:If you can get me the source code for the web interface using wget I may be able to write one
Hi there
I'm attaching the Foscam Fi8620 sdk and cgi files for your reference.
Hoep you can get some help on control scripts for PTZ.

Best Regards
Prasad
jonathancnewcomb

Post by jonathancnewcomb »

When you get them attached I will be more than happy to take a look and see what I come up with
cgprasad

Post by cgprasad »

Hi
Cani have your email, where i can send those files. Im trying to upload to this post, but it seems its not getting done for some reasons.

Thanks.
Prasad

cgp@rediffmail.com