How does one remove or separate "Linked Monitors"?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
MakOwner

How does one remove or separate "Linked Monitors"?

Post by MakOwner »

Somehow I have had two monitors that have become linked. I have no idea how it happened, and I can't delete them from the linked monitor list.

I also just discovered that when adding a new user, there is a "restricted monitors" section or field. I can only select one when adding a new user and after the user is added, you can't add or remove any monitors from this field.

Anyone?

Is this a dumb question?
bb99

Re: How does one remove or separate "Linked Monitors"?

Post by bb99 »

To unlink monitors try: control, left click. It's normal for all monitors to be in the link box but without asterisks.
MakOwner

Post by MakOwner »

[quote="bb99"]To unlink monitors try: control, left click. It's normal for all monitors to be in the link box but without asterisks.[/quo

I'll give it a other shot. I did figure out the issue with adding permission to
A monitor. Apparently uses cantbe admin equivalent or add themselves to a monitor.
MakOwner

Post by MakOwner »

bb99 wrote:To unlink monitors try: control, left click. It's normal for all monitors to be in the link box but without asterisks.
Nope, no clicks available of any sort when in the "source" edit pane for the camera.
I can highlight the camera name in the list, but can't do anything else with it.

Is this information held in a configuration file somewhere that I could edit?
Zoy58

Post by Zoy58 »

Version 1.30

As stated elsewhere, all monitors always appear in the list box, they only become linked if you click them (in which case that monitor will be highlighted in the list - this highlight may be skin dependent - in my case it gets a grey background when linked, i've seen asterisks mentioned elsewhere).

To unlink, you Control + click the linked monitor, but see below if you are using a Mac!

Note - if you are using a Mac, to unlink monitors it is Command + click, NOT Control + click

But the good news is - it works (for me) :)

This is not great UX judging by the number of people confused by it - a checklist might be more intuitive?