Please...it's jamming two different paths together somehow.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
Jim March

Please...it's jamming two different paths together somehow.

Post by Jim March »

This is the actual error message when trying to retrieve events:
Can't open /usr/share/zoneminder//media/500Reiser/events/2/12/06/05/15/46/22/001-capture.jpg: No such file or directory
This is being generated by component "zms" under file "zm_event.cpp" per the logs.

The actual path to events under "options" is: /media/500Reiser/events

Please don't tell me the problem is the double-backslash. I know that. I didn't put it there. It's picking up two different paths and jamming them together somehow.

This is happening with a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 with ZM1.25 off the repos.

I still haven't solved this one. I have no idea how to solve it :(. Please, for the love of God, this seems to be the last sticking point. I hope. Does anybody have a clue as to how this could happen, or what file I need to edit to yank out the first chunk of path here?
Paranoid

Re: Please...it's jamming two different paths together someh

Post by Paranoid »

I am going to assume that your zoneminder web files are located in /usr/share/zoneminder and that you want all events stored on a disk mounted at /media/500Reiser under a subdirectory called "events" and that this events directory exists.

If that is the case then you need to do the following
1. Create a soft link using the following command:

Code: Select all

ln -s /media/500Reiser/events /usr/share/zoneminder/events
2. Under the options menu on zoneminder change the DIR_EVENTS entry from /media/500Reiser/events to events
3. Modify your apache config to ensure it will follow symbolic links (FollowSymLinks)
4. Ensure the /media/500Reiser/events is both readable and writeable by zoneminder