RTSP question - pixord P400 - No RTP-info

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
brampie66

RTSP question - pixord P400 - No RTP-info

Post by brampie66 »

Hi,

I'm new to zoneminder so I hope I don't ask stupid question here.

I'm trying to setup a couple of pixord P400 network cameras.
Now we use these with mplayer (record + monitor) and this works fine, I can play a stream with mplayer rtsp://10.10.10.10:554

When trying to use these camera's with zoneminder I get an error in the logs "Unable to get RTP Info Identifier from response".
I've tried to play streams in verbose mode with mplayer,openrtsp and ffmpeg and it seems to me like the camera does not provide an RTP-info line.
mplayer (and the others) do start playing, from what I've read on wikipedia RTP-info is not strictly needed, it helps to keep camera feeds in sync.

How can I best proceed to get these working (firmware is up to date - 2009 , they are a bit old, I have 30 pieces in the field) ?
Can I change the source (zm_rtsp.cpp) and set seq and rtptime to zero (not sure here what values are apropriate if they are fixed) ?

ps.mplayer recently changed some things, they used to use the live555 lib, with this lib the camera's worked great,
now they use something else and they don't work anymore, so this could be a similar problem.

Thanks in advance
codabiz

Re: RTSP question - pixord P400 - No RTP-info

Post by codabiz »

brampie66

Post by brampie66 »

Thanks for your reply.

I did know the correct url for these cameras, this is not the problem.
The problem is that zoneminder expects the camera to send an RTP-info message and the camera does not (or so it appears).
digitalm

Post by digitalm »

I have the same issue, did you ever get it working?

thanks