Motion detection successful. But no video in monitor.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
dhanasekar

Motion detection successful. But no video in monitor.

Post by dhanasekar »

Motion detection successful.
Images are stored in the folder upon motion detection.
But no video in the monitor.

Can someone help me come out of this.
pathetic_programmer

Re: Motion detection successful. But no video in monitor.

Post by pathetic_programmer »

Sounds like you may be using IE as your web browser.
Finally, there is quite a bit of image streaming in the package. So if you don't have FireFox or another browser that supports image streaming natively I recommend you get the excellent Cambozola java applet from www .dot. charliemouse .dot. com:8080/code/cambozola/ which will let you view the image stream in Internet Explorer and others. Otherwise you're limited to just refreshing still images or mpeg based streams, if you have compatible plugins. As upgraded version have occasionally caused problems, a known working version of Cambozola is also in the Downloads section of the ZoneMinder website.
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Documentation

The spam filter prevented me from putting the charliemouse website in there properly.
dhanasekar

Post by dhanasekar »

I am using iceweasel browser and I have the cambozola installed.

Fact is that I haven't tried any other browsers.

Let me know the way to proceed.

Please let me know if there is a change in installation path for the cambozola between the versions 1.24.2 and 1.25.0?
Last edited by dhanasekar on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
pathetic_programmer

Post by pathetic_programmer »

Never heard of Iceweasel till now. Looks like it's just a fork of Firefox so it should be compatible with ZM.

In your options under Images, what do you have your: MPEG_LIVE_FORMAT and MPEG_REPLAY_FORMAT set to?

I think the usable options are: mpg mpeg wmv asf avi* mov swf 3gp**, but the swf is the default one and works pretty good for me. But I'm using 1.24 and the options may have changed. You might also be beyond my ability to help you as well.

Have you ever had video in any of your monitors? What does the blank screen look like? An empty box with an X in the corner, or just a solid color? It may also be a bad username and password combination. Open an event and click stills up at the top. What do the stills look like?