SVN or Not ?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
tibetfreedom

SVN or Not ?

Post by tibetfreedom »

Hi,
About to do a 1.25 install and wondering is the SVN the way to go ?
Any issues etc… ?
have installed 4 Zoneminder installations from previous SVN (about 11 months ago)
bb99

Re: SVN or Not ?

Post by bb99 »

I believe 1.25.1 was going to incorporate Mastertherknife's performance patch; might check to see if SVN has it built in, would be very worth while if it is.
tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

bb99 wrote:I believe 1.25.1 was going to incorporate Mastertherknife's performance patch; might check to see if SVN has it built in, would be very worth while if it is.
What performance patch is that ?
I have jpegturbo installed, is it more than that ?
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Have a look (be sure to read the whole thread): http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=17652
tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

bb99 wrote:Have a look (be sure to read the whole thread): http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=17652
Wow amazing, thanks.
This is fantastic work.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

I haven't been able to test fully but I think you're right. Only down side I've read is blob motion detection isn't working as expected but I'll bet that'll be fixed (probably already is).
tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

bb99 wrote:I haven't been able to test fully but I think you're right. Only down side I've read is blob motion detection isn't working as expected but I'll bet that'll be fixed (probably already is).
Debian install breaks as the make file is trying to chown the web files as apache:apache

I've tried to manually patch the makefile but it keeps coming back at me,
If anyone has a quick fix for this I would be grateful as it is 2 seconds away from installation.

Thanks
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

The ./configure i posted was just an example. Obviously for your distro you need to use --with-webuser=www-data and --with-webgroup=www-data instead of apache.

And yes, i fixed the issues the patch had with blobs and analysis images already.

mastertheknife
Kfir Itzhak.
tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

mastertheknife wrote:The ./configure i posted was just an example. Obviously for your distro you need to use --with-webuser=www-data and --with-webgroup=www-data instead of apache.

And yes, i fixed the issues the patch had with blobs and analysis images already.

mastertheknife
Right yes sorry for being so dim.
Very nice work !
tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

tibetfreedom wrote:
mastertheknife wrote:The ./configure i posted was just an example. Obviously for your distro you need to use --with-webuser=www-data and --with-webgroup=www-data instead of apache.

mastertheknife
Right yes sorry for being so dim.
Very nice work !
Great all up and working nicely.

Version showing as 1.25.0 is that correct ?

Thanks.