Zmtrigger.pl stops suddenly -- Axis Motion Detection

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
Mr.Ziggy

Zmtrigger.pl stops suddenly -- Axis Motion Detection

Post by Mr.Ziggy »

1.25 installed on Ubuntu desktop 11.04 as per the wiki detailed instructions for server.
(NOTE: Thanks for the detailed instructions)

System running well with 11 Axis Cameras. Lower CPU usage than previously. I can MOCORD without issues.

I have installed Axis Motion Detection from the Wiki instructions, but zmtrigger.pl stops suddenly in 10-45 minutes. I do get an error:

variable is not a string at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Memory/Mapped.pm line 109.

Not sure what to do with that. Any ideas?

I also thought ZM would check if the daemon was dead and restart automatically, but that doesn't seem to happening either.
whitepepe

Re: Zmtrigger.pl stops suddenly -- Axis Motion Detection

Post by whitepepe »

See these previous posts:

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 29&t=18319

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 29&t=18329

The last post has, more or less, a solution. I am not an expert so I don't know what happen if you deactivate mmap.

¿Someone can answer this?
Mr.Ziggy

Re: Zmtrigger.pl stops suddenly -- Axis Motion Detection

Post by Mr.Ziggy »

thanks. I tried the code change but it didn't make a difference to me. still crashing the same way.

I have 11 axis cameras, all doing motion detection. Most are doing motion detection in multiple zones--it helps capture smaller movements in different parts of the image depending upon how the cameras are placed. (such as the left side of the camera viewing an area much further away than the right side).

Cameras are all set to "send notifications continuously while active", and sending 4 or 5 per minute if motion is detected. Do you think that could be some of the problem with ZM getting too many open/close events that conflict?

------
10/24/11 update: Checked OPT_TRIGGERS in the options. (previously, as in the wiki, just added it to the zm start script) With OPT_TRIGGERS, zm will restart zmtrigger.pl when it crashes. Before it would just die. Helped some, particularly when I lowered the MAX_RESTART_DELAY.

It's still crashing though. Oddly, exactly every 5 minutes, 1 seconds. Like a clock...
Attachments
crash every 5 min, 1 second.
crash every 5 min, 1 second.
zmtrigger2.jpg (121.14 KiB) Viewed 2355 times