Can I upload the latest image at a set time interval

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
brised

Can I upload the latest image at a set time interval

Post by brised »

I am running ZoneMinder v1.24.4 and have been using it successfully for many years for the home security cameras. A number of years ago we acquired some bird boxes with cameras which we were using with a windows based software called HomeWatcher to upload regular images to our web server and it worked fine. When a PC went wrong it seemed a logical step to plug them into the Linux ZoneMinder server we usedjust for security cams. Despite a lot of reading I never figured out how to upload the latest image on a regular schedule, like every 30 seconds to a web site.

We would like to simply upload the most recent image via FTP to our web site every 30 seconds whether there is movement or not to exactly the same file name on the web server. This would allow us to display it through a java web cam type window for visitors/friends etc. We did it one year in the past using HomeWtacher for the whole school to watch.

I've looked at using the FTP function and filters in ZoneMinder but it just seems to upload a mass of images with different file names so does not fit the need. If it's not possible then I'll go back to using something else and hopefully somehow it will get into a future version of ZoneMinder. But I am hoping all of you guru's will know exactly how to solve this one.

Thanks in advance
Brian
008hnoor

Re: Can I upload the latest image at a set time interval

Post by 008hnoor »

A number of years ago we acquired some bird boxes with cameras which we were using with a windows based software called HomeWatcher to upload regular images to our web server and it worked fine. When a PC went wrong it seemed a logical step to plug them into the Linux ZoneMinder server we usedjust for security cams.
NOOR
volantis

Re: Can I upload the latest image at a set time interval

Post by volantis »

brised wrote:We would like to simply upload the most recent image via FTP to our web site every 30 seconds whether there is movement or not to exactly the same file name on the web server.
I would like to do this, too. Can't imagine why such a seemingly simple operation can't be programmed into zoneminder.