Export failed and video failes

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
remus

Export failed and video failes

Post by remus »

Hi all,

have been trying to get zoneminder to work with my logitech quickcam express webcam for a few weeks, and finally had some success by downgrading from ubuntu 12.04 to ubuntu 10.04

This had the side effect of also downgrading my zoneminder version to 1.24.2

I can export still images from the primary events page, if I tick and event then click export. I can NOT export on a event details page.

I can not generate any video.

After looking around the forums I cam across this post that explains the problem is caused by the event id not being passed.

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... led#p72784

Hope someone can give me some help sorting this out.

Thanks for advice :)
remus

Re: Export failed and video failes

Post by remus »

If this helps, when I click on the video link from the events detail page, I get a page with the following url

XX.X.X.XXX/zm/index.php?view=video&eid=undefined

With the following contents
An error has occurred and this operation cannot continue.
For full details check your web logs for the code '119247'
If I open a blank tab in google chrome and manually enter the event id using the above url like this

XX.X.X.XXX/zm/index.php?view=video&eid=6

I get a page with video options, and I can generate the video :)

So to my inexperienced eyes it looks like the event id is not being passed in a few links and pages.

After using google I found a few references to a fix for the event id on line 255 in file /usr/share/zoneminder/skins/classic/includes/export_functions.php

LInk : http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 052#p65052
zm/skins/classic/includes/export_functions.php from:
$exportFileList = array_merge( $exportFileList, exportFileList( $eid ), $exportDetail, $exportFrames, $exportImages, $exportVideo, $exportMisc );
to:
$exportFileList = array_merge( $exportFileList, exportFileList( $eid , $exportDetail, $exportFrames, $exportImages, $exportVideo, $exportMisc ));
I've made this change, then restarted zoneminder and apache with following commands

sudo /etc/init.d/zoneminder restart
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

In all cases the eid remains undefined in the urls