How to add a new monitor

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
BigChris

How to add a new monitor

Post by BigChris »

Hi,

i am completly new to zoneminder, and i think i got a lot of questions in the future. But for now, one big problem i don`t can fix myself.

I install zoneminder on ununtu 11.04 via apt-get install zoneminder. After all seem complete, i connect to localhost/zm and i see the Zoneminder Console.
Then i try to Add New Monitor. A new window appears, but i can`t click to any tab of it. So i can't set a source as example.

I hit "save" to try, the monitor appears in the listing, but even here, i can't edit or delete the monitor. The buttons don`t have any effekt.

Can somebody help whats going wrong?

I access zoneminder with firefox or opera browser from a ubuntu 12.04 system.
aelingil

Re: How to add a new monitor

Post by aelingil »

It may not help, but have you tried restarting ZM and see if the program was not working? Or the whole computer? If you installed ZM on a 11.04 computer and your running on a 12.04 can you access ZM from both computers through the ip address? You can access it from localhost/zm or <ip address>/zm. (example: 192.168.0.100/zm)
Aelingil: I need to waste my time, my clients time and another techs time, just to fix a problem with you server & filters?
Tech Joseph: Yes, you are correct.
allerretour

Post by allerretour »

I'm trying to figure this out too. I have the same behavior (I can't access the tabs in the monitor set up windows; I also can't use the edit and delete monitor buttons). I've done just a bit of googling, and it seems to be something related to a javacript problem. Something to do with mootools (whatever that is). I don't know whether the browser affects this. I've tried with Firefox, Chrome and Safari. I'm going to try it with Explorer when I have a chance. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: by the way, I've got version 1.24.something, installed on a headless plug computer using debian squeeze.
allerretour

Post by allerretour »

Found out what my problem was. Checked aptitude and although javascript-common was listed as a recommended install, it was not a prereq for Zoneminder or mootools. So I installed that, and now I can use the tabs. Still can't see video, but that's probably another problem. Thx.