ZM fried after server was offline for a while..

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
lpallard

ZM fried after server was offline for a while..

Post by lpallard »

Hi there,

quick question for the ZM experts: my server (running slackware 13.1) was offline for about 7 weeks when I put it back online and went to use zoneminder. I was greeted by a white webpage saying:
Could not connect to database: Access denied for user 'zmuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Trying to start the service from the command line I get:
[code]root@lhost2:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.zm* start
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'zmuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Starting ZoneMinder: DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','zmuser',...) failed: Access denied for user 'zmuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 89
Can't call method "prepare_cached" on an undefined value at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 91.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 46.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 46.
[FAILED]
I tried to reset the permissions on the database, grant new access to zmuser to the database zm, to no avail.. Not sure what happened there since the machine was physically offline (unpowered) and everything else is running fine in the server. YOu see, I cant (or really dont want to) flush (delete or lose) the current database since I did not have a chance to export the events yet. I need the DB to be online, or else I will lose precious recordings.

Anybody could recommend a course of action? What should I do?

Any help appreciated. Thanks a lot!