Having problems Generating Video

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
orionstoy

Having problems Generating Video

Post by orionstoy »

Hi I'm running v1.24.4 on Ubuntu 10.10 and everything seems to work fine except that I can't generate a video. When I try I receive a Video Generation Failed! error. When I check my ffmpeg.log it says the following:

Code: Select all

FFmpeg version 0.6-4:0.6-2ubuntu6.2, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Sep 16 2011 17:04:54 with gcc 4.4.5
  configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu6.2 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libgsm --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libdc1394 --enable-shared --disable-static
  WARNING: library configuration mismatch
  libavutil   configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu3.2 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libdirac --enable-libgsm --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libmp3lame --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-librtmp --enable-libdc1394 --enable-shared --disable-static
  libavcodec  configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu3.2 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libdirac --enable-libgsm --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libmp3lame --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-librtmp --enable-libdc1394 --enable-shared --disable-static
  libavformat configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu3.2 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libdirac --enable-libgsm --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libmp3lame --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-librtmp --enable-libdc1394 --enable-shared --disable-static
  libswscale  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-shared --enable-pthreads
  libpostproc configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-shared --enable-pthreads
  libavutil     50.15. 1 / 50.15. 1
  libavcodec    52.72. 2 / 52.72. 2
  libavformat   52.64. 2 / 52.64. 2
  libavdevice   52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
  libavfilter    1.19. 0 /  1.19. 0
  libswscale     0.11. 0 /  0.14. 0
  libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
%03d-capture.jpg: No such file or directory
I have tracked 3 places in the code where it creates the %0xd-capture.jpg but of course these files dont exist because they dont have a %0 or a 'd' in the flie names they are 001-capture.jpg 002-capture.jpg ... ect...

The first is located on line 1101 in /zm/includes/functions.php

$captImage = sprintf( "%0".ZM_EVENT_IMAGE_DIGITS."d-capture.jpg", $frame['FrameId'] ); 
The second is located on line 248 in /zm/skins/xml/views/actions.php

$shellCmd = getFfmpegPath()." -y -r ".$fps." -i ".$baseURL."/%0".ZM_EVENT_IMAGE_DIGITS."d-capture.jpg"; 
The last is on line 342 in /zm/skins/classic/includes/export_functions.php

$imageFile = sprintf( "%0".ZM_EVENT_IMAGE_DIGITS."d-capture.jpg", $frame['FrameId'] 
The %0 and the 'd' made no real sense to me so I tried to modify those files removing the %0 and 'd' so it looked like this:

ZM_EVENT_IMAGE_DIGITS."-capture.jpg" 
This makes more sense to me since that should give results like 001-capture.jpg.

Much to my surprise after restarting ZM just to make sure ... I got the exact same error as above in my ffmpeg.log. Now I'm confused again. I'm may have missed a place where its adding this ... or its coincidence that the error reads %03d-capture.jpg: No such file or directory.

One thing I did note is that even if it was using the above codes it should look more like %0003d-capture.jpg: No such file or directory (%0+003+d-capture.jpg)

Im starting to think that the 3 in the error isnt actually a frame number... if I look at the error as %0 3 d-capture because if it was a frame number it should be a 3 digit number not a single digit. So its possible that the %0 and the 'd' is for some reason useful and my problem is that ZM_EVENT_IMAGE_DIGITS isnt actually producing the proper value.

Has anyone else ran into this and found a solution?

Oh I forgot to mention ... my events folder is not located in the zm directory zm is installed in /web/zm and the events are in /web2/ZoneMinder/events but like I said before .. everything else seems to work except for generating videos .. I can view them fine in the browser.
orionstoy

Re: Having problems Generating Video

Post by orionstoy »

bump