issues with zonminder

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
justinl

issues with zonminder

Post by justinl »

im trying to set up 3 ip cameras with zoneminder they are intellinet cameras i have the correct values and everything but i cant view them. the name of the camera is the colour black, the function is monitor and it is the colour orange, the source i have set as the ip address for the camera and its the colour red. i have them set as remote view and tried others. any suggestion or help would be appreciated.
PacoLM

Re: issues with zonminder

Post by PacoLM »

Could be a shared memory problem, read this post, just to check that you didn't forgot anything http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 21&t=17935, if

To check shared memory settings:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... ipt#p69568

Hope it helps,

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
justinl

Post by justinl »

thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Let's try some more things:

1st: Are you using a non standard location for the events?
2nd: Try to reduce the buffer ring size
3rd: Some traces of /var/log/syslog when initializing zoneminder will help to reduce the search...

Regards,

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
eufreka

Post by eufreka »

justinl wrote:im trying to set up 3 ip cameras with zoneminder they are intellinet cameras i have the correct values and everything but i cant view them. the name of the camera is the colour black, the function is monitor and it is the colour orange, the source i have set as the ip address for the camera and its the colour red. i have them set as remote view and tried others. any suggestion or help would be appreciated.
Have you verified the path you are using? Paste it directly into a browser and make sure you can see the feed.
smilliken

Post by smilliken »

PacoLM wrote:Let's try some more things:

1st: Are you using a non standard location for the events?
2nd: Try to reduce the buffer ring size
3rd: Some traces of /var/log/syslog when initializing zoneminder will help to reduce the search...

Regards,

PacoLM
I'm having a similar problem. The sources were green, but now are orange. I changed the location of the events, images and sound to another hard drive. The hard drive is mounted on boot. I have it set up as /mnt/sdc1/events...etc. I'm not sure if this is the proper format.

I have a Dlink DCS-930L and a Linksys WVC54gca attached wirelessly. Both have static IP address and are viewable in the browser.

Do the event sub directories need to be sym linked?
Simply Mepis 11 Zoneminder 1.24.2-9
Without walls.....Who needs Windows!