Merging all videos into 1 video...

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
themagicm

Merging all videos into 1 video...

Post by themagicm »

I havent fine tuned my setup yet, so I get a TON of recordings.. ie. the sun gets brighter, sets off alarm, creates video. LOL. Havent figured that one out. So, is there a way to combine all videos into 1 huge video so I can fast forward thru it and then delete it all when done?
kevin_robson

Re: Merging all videos into 1 video...

Post by kevin_robson »

This isn't going to answer your original question, but going back to the sun issue.....

I had this also. The actual time of alarm state caused by this change is very small.
You could try filtering on all events under .5 second, and delete them? This may (or may not) leave you with a sensible set of alerts.

Just a thought ...
bb99

Post by bb99 »

On the make one recording there is a solution in the forum using ffmpeg but it didn't appeal to me at all (search). On the sun changes triggering events: play with "Overload Frame Ignore Count" on the zone settings (home page, click on zone then click on zone name) and the "Reference Image Blend %ge" on the source settings (click on monitor source, setting is near the bottom of the general tab). Post back results.
themagicm

Post by themagicm »

tried it. I'll report back after I check out the results.
themagicm

Post by themagicm »

bb99 wrote:On the make one recording there is a solution in the forum using ffmpeg but it didn't appeal to me at all (search). On the sun changes triggering events: play with "Overload Frame Ignore Count" on the zone settings (home page, click on zone then click on zone name) and the "Reference Image Blend %ge" on the source settings (click on monitor source, setting is near the bottom of the general tab). Post back results.

BTW, on "Overload frame..." and "Reference image..", I go *higher* with the number to filter out things like light changes, correct? They were both either 0 or something low... they are now on 15.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

"Overload Frame Ignore Count" should be kept a low number as that's how many frames will be ignored, I set this value to 3 (1/3 of a second at 10 fps). "Reference Image Blend %ge" base value is usually around 7 and 15 is not unreasonable (well covered in documentation). Experiment to get it fine tuned.
themagicm

Post by themagicm »

I appreciate you taking the time to reply about this.