Building ZoneMinder

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
danodemano

Building ZoneMinder

Post by danodemano »

Alright, so I have what I hope is a relatively simple question. I currently have ZoneMinder installed and working on my Fedora 14 box using the RPM through YUM. However, I have spent quite a bit of work tweaking things to make it work right and now I want to be able to build from source so that I can make use of the flash streaming (with ffmpeg) instead of just the Java and MJPEG. I would rather not loose all my configurations and such including, but not limited to, all my program settings, my conf file (for Apache), etc. What would be the best procedure for me to follow to remove the RPM version and install from source? Can I build the code first and then remove the RPM or does the removal of the RPM need done first? What files should I backup to preserve all my settings and conf changes? Any other snafu's to watch out for? Thanks in advance!
tibbs

Re: Building ZoneMinder

Post by tibbs »

If you want to rebuild the package, just don't apply patch 3. I think that's the only thing we change to disable ffmpeg.
danodemano

Re: Building ZoneMinder

Post by danodemano »

I was just going to build from source and rip the RPM out. So patch 3 disables ffmpeg then? Is there a reason for this? Is there a better was to get flash support then having to build from source with ffmpeg enabled?