Upgrade...

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
tibetfreedom

Upgrade...

Post by tibetfreedom »

Just want to upgrade to the latest SVN…
I currently have 1.23 working fine.

I was going to configure with this… I have 32 bit debian…

I saw this above…

Code: Select all

./configure --with-ffmpeg --with-libarch=lib64 --with-mysql=/usr --with-webdir=/srv/www/htdocs/ZM --with-cgidir=/srv/www/cgi-bin --with-webuser=wwwrun --with-webgroup=www --enable-crashtrace=no --enable-debug=yes --disable-mmap ZM_SSL_LIB=openssl --enable-sockets --with-extralibs="-lfaac -lmp3lame -logg -lvorbis -lamrnb -lamrwb" CPPFLAGS=-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS
I was going to configure with this…

./configure --with-ffmpeg --with-libarch=[color=darkred]lib64[/color] --with-mysql=/usr --with-webdir=/var/www/zm --with-cgidir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin --with-webuser=www-data --with-webgroup=www-data --enable-crashtrace=no --enable-debug=yes --disable-mmap ZM_SSL_LIB=openssl --enable-sockets --with-extralibs="-lfaac -lmp3lame -logg -lvorbis -lamrnb -lamrwb" CPPFLAGS=-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS

i previously configured with…

./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/zm --with-cgidir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin --with-webuser=www-data --with-webgroup=www-data --with-libarch=lib --with-ffmpeg=/usr/local ZM_SSL_LIB=openssl
is there anything i need to know ? how do I keep my curret configs etc… ?
jdhar

Post by jdhar »

When you configure, make and make install, your existing config and events/monitors will all be retained. Just do a zmupdate.pl --version <old> and make sure you select 'y' to backup your database, and you'll be fine.
eyeZm, Native iPhone App for ZoneMinder: http://www.eyezm.com

Version 1.3 now available on iTunes, introduces Montage view, HTTPS/SSL support and H264 native streaming!

Subscribe to RSS feed for updates: http://www.eyezm.com/rssfeed.xml
tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

jdhar wrote:When you configure, make and make install, your existing config and events/monitors will all be retained. Just do a zmupdate.pl --version <old> and make sure you select 'y' to backup your database, and you'll be fine.
where is the svn ?
tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

jdhar wrote:When you configure, make and make install, your existing config and events/monitors will all be retained. Just do a zmupdate.pl --version <old> and make sure you select 'y' to backup your database, and you'll be fine.
OK so I have upgraded properly…
amera's working and version now showing svn version…
issue is…
the app does not work…
i bought it..

error on iphone app says …

does not appear to be a zoneminder server with xml plugin…
zoneminder has the xml tab in the options screen…
jdhar

Post by jdhar »

tibetfreedom wrote:
error on iphone app says …

does not appear to be a zoneminder server with xml plugin…
zoneminder has the xml tab in the options screen…
This either happens if you haven't installed the XML Plugin (which it sounds like you have), or if you are pointing eyeZm to the wrong location. What is the server URL you are using?

Also, and more importantly, can you do a 'tail -f /var/log/apache2/*.log' (or whatever your apache log path is), and then try 'Test Connection'? Please paste your output so I can see what request your server is getting. If your username/password is shown, you can xxxxx it out.

Version 1.3 now available on iTunes, introduces Montage view, HTTPS/SSL support and H264 native streaming!

tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

Yep the path was wrong on the iphone app…
So it works,
now it looks like it is using mjpeg is that good ?
would it be better to use h264 ?
I can't seem to get h264 working...
jdhar

Post by jdhar »

IF mjpeg meets your needs and is fast enough for you on your networks, then you can stick with it. H264 is better since it has much much lower bandwidth, and supports much higher frame-rates for that lower bandwidth. But it has more latency in starting up. Mjpeg takes a second or two, H264 will take 5-10 seconds to start the stream.

My rule of thumb is this. It depends how you use the 'Live Feed' option the most. If you just want to periodically check in on your house or something without a lot of movement to see if everything is OK, use Mjpeg since it will allow you to check quicker.

If you are viewing monitors that always have a lot of motion on them (maybe a street for example), use H264 since the video quality and bandwidth will be much better.

To get H264 working, please read the H264 section in our help guide for more information. You can PM me if you have any specific questions!

tibetfreedom

Post by tibetfreedom »

jdhar wrote:IF mjpeg meets your needs and is fast enough for you on your networks, then you can stick with it. H264 is better since it has much much lower bandwidth, and supports much higher frame-rates for that lower bandwidth. But it has more latency in starting up. Mjpeg takes a second or two, H264 will take 5-10 seconds to start the stream.

My rule of thumb is this. It depends how you use the 'Live Feed' option the most. If you just want to periodically check in on your house or something without a lot of movement to see if everything is OK, use Mjpeg since it will allow you to check quicker.

If you are viewing monitors that always have a lot of motion on them (maybe a street for example), use H264 since the video quality and bandwidth will be much better.

To get H264 working, please read the H264 section in our help guide for more information. You can PM me if you have any specific questions!
well i guess I want the choice.
so I'll set it up and see…
On debian it seems that using the SVN distro was the only way to get the xml working correctly.