Lots of alarms, but always 0/0 score

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
ocgltd

Lots of alarms, but always 0/0 score

Post by ocgltd »

I'm a newbie so forgive me if this is obvious...

I'm getting lots of alarms on my one zone, causing recording of thousands of frames. However, for each event the alarm frames = 0, total score = 0, avg score = 0. On the monitor page I see the events each with score 0/00.

What is causing this? Shouldn't I see a score > 0? When I look at still I don't see any red areas, and the timeline graph is stuck at 0.

What is wrong? I have a camera with a bit of noise (RF interferance) so there are occasional lines running across the screen but shouldn't those cause scores or red areas?
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

What is the zone type? I would check zone settings and the "alarm frame count" setting in your monitor options.
cordel

Post by cordel »

I would suggest checking the mysql tables for errors as anything with an alarm should produce a score. An error in the events tables would potentialy cause this problem.
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

I second the mysql suggestion.
thaifas

Re: Lots of alarms, but always 0/0 score

Post by thaifas »

Hi!

I've got exactly the same problem; what should I check? how?

I'm a newcomer to ZM (and Ubuntu); in fact ZM is the reason why I started to try Linux sporadicly.
I did my ZM fresh install following this manual (http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... _Cambozola) and everything looked to went fine, but now (about one week ago), I couldn't be able to record only one "real" alarm...
At the beggining I thought it could be a hardware problem (and old system without enough resources to process video), (http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 21&t=18344), but now, I'm starting to think that this is not the trouble, because I set three cameras in monitor mode, and only the fourth one is Mocord.

This last is recording all the time continuously; when I see the events, there is no alarm, and the score is 0/0...

I had done a previous probe ZM with an older system (but the same video cards), and only one camera just like these I installed now, and it recorded alarms correctly, this is the reason because I think now there is a settings trouble.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Thaifas
Attachments
Zone.png
Zone.png (22.44 KiB) Viewed 5200 times
Frames.png
Frames.png (80.6 KiB) Viewed 5200 times
Events.png
Events.png (80.66 KiB) Viewed 5200 times
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Incorrect event/images location?

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
thaifas

Post by thaifas »

I don't think:
Events and images are stored correctly (I think), If you check the timeline, moving the cursor around the time zone (the red wide line), you can see how the images change (just like a film).
The problem is that most of times, there is no real alarm; there is nothing wich triggers that alarm.
Attachments
Paths.png
Paths.png (83.19 KiB) Viewed 5198 times
TimeLine.png
TimeLine.png (126.32 KiB) Viewed 5198 times
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Hola,

In which mode have you setup your camera (mocord, modect, etc)?. It looks like you have a continuous recording more, so no alarms are going to be trigger with motion, you will have only a fixed set of frames/time being recorded.

PacoLM

PS: Si quieres mas ayuda, mi email es mi nick at gmail.com. Saludos. Paco

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
thaifas

Post by thaifas »

No one of the cameras is in "Record" mode; three are in "Monitor" mode and the other one is in "Mocord" mode, but is wich records continuous.
Attachments
Console.png
Console.png (113.56 KiB) Viewed 5191 times
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Remote possibility but check the value of options::debug::RECORD_EVENT_STATS. It should be ticked, if not: tick and restart. The lack of the red outline usually is an unticked value for Options::config::CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES. Worth a quick look anyway
thaifas

Post by thaifas »

bb99 wrote:Remote possibility but check the value of options::debug::RECORD_EVENT_STATS. It should be ticked, if not: tick and restart. The lack of the red outline usually is an unticked value for Options::config::CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES. Worth a quick look anyway
options::debug::RECORD_EVENT_STATS is ticked; Options::config::CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES is ticked too

Thks!