Modect recording continually, score=50, no linked monitors

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
no2u

Modect recording continually, score=50, no linked monitors

Post by no2u »

On a new Zoneminder 1.24.2 installation, I had a little problem with one of my monitors in Modect mode continuously recording following any event, regardless of the sensitivity setting. I noticed when I click on "Force Alarm", the maximum alarm score was 305 instead of the expected 255, and clicking on "Cancel Forced Alarm" had no effect as the alarm score remained stuck at 50.

I happened to find a line in the source code where 50 was added to the score for linked monitors, but I had no Linked Monitors selected (and no other monitors were in the alarmed state anyway).

Just for the heck of it, I selected and then deselected my 3 other monitors in the Linked Monitors list, saved the configuration, and the problem was solved. Now my hard disk doesn't fill up after the first event. :-)

I didn't examine the linked monitor list in the database, but I wonder if it had a bogus linked monitor listed. I am guessing that possibly deleting and recreating the problem monitor might have resolved the issue as well.

Anyway, my issue is solved, I'm just posting this hint in case anyone else runs into the same issue. Thanks!
FullMoonMadness

Re: Modect recording continually, score=50, no linked monito

Post by FullMoonMadness »

no2u wrote:I am guessing that possibly deleting and recreating the problem monitor might have resolved the issue as well.

Anyway, my issue is solved, I'm just posting this hint in case anyone else runs into the same issue. Thanks!

My camera was set to modect and wouldn't stop recording unless I stopped it manually. I tried deleting the camera, then adding it gain and it worked for me. Thanks for posting this solution!
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

This is a bug in ZM that happens when you link a monitor to itself (sometimes possible).

mastertheknife
Kfir Itzhak.
jbourgui

Post by jbourgui »

same problem, tried unlinking monitors which didn't help, but deleting and re-creating the monitor seems to have fixed it (for now). What I'm wondering now is what was the problem and how to prevent re-occurrence? I'm all for setting things up on unix and geeking out, but I want to be able to rely on this system and not have to continually tweak it.... Ideas?

-joe
TucsonDirect

Post by TucsonDirect »

how do you unlink the monitors, i have tried but once linked it is impossible to unlink, only option is to link to 1 camera (cant get blue selection removed)
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Did you try holding the control key down and left click to unlink?
TucsonDirect

Post by TucsonDirect »

humm so simple yet i was still too stupid to figure that one out.... lol Thanks
i tried before but i failed to make it work