Default scales in montage - and a dates issue

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
Barry Jackson

Default scales in montage - and a dates issue

Post by Barry Jackson »

I have recently set up a ZMLarch installation with 8 mixed analogue cameras and an 8 port Connexant BT878a based capture card.
If I set the capture on most cameras to 320x240 with the default scale "actual" and have a few at 640x480 with a default scale of "1/2" then all images display at the same screen size when viewed individually.
However the montage view seems to ignore the default scale setting on the higher resolution cameras, and tries to show them at full size.
I have scoured the forum and the Wiki but don't see this mentioned.
Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Another minor problem is to do with the logs. I have the machine locale set to en_GB UTF-8. However the date format is switching back and forth between log entries for example here from zmdc.log :-

Code: Select all

25/07/10 19:57:05.821517 zmdc[17558].INF ['zmc -d /dev/video4' exited normally]
25/07/10 19:57:05.821809 zmdc[17558].INF ['zmwatch.pl ' exited, signal 14]
07/25/10 19:58:04.020106 zmdc[3241].INF [Server starting at 10/07/25 19:58:04]
07/25/10 19:58:07.101872 zmdc[3241].INF ['zmc -d /dev/video0' starting at 10/07/25 19:58:07, pid = 3362]
Otherwise I'm really impressed so far - a lightning strike took out my dedicated DVMR and I decided to build a new server using ZoneMinder to replace it!
Yes - I have donated!
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

Where did you set the scale? because there is 2 places to do it.

In each camera config.
OR
in the low med and high profile.
Barry Jackson

Post by Barry Jackson »

kingofkya wrote:Where did you set the scale? because there is 2 places to do it.

In each camera config.
OR
in the low med and high profile.
Thanks - I had not found that setting in the high/low etc.
Reducing the scale to 1/2 in the camera config affects only the individual camera view, it is ignored by the montage.

I have found a compromise which is not ideal.
By leaving all the camera config settings at actual, and using the "3 across scaled" view in montage, the higher res cameras are scaled into the montage the same size as the lower res ones, which is fine for viewing on the LAN.
The drawback here is that for WAN viewers the bandwidth requirement is too high, as the high res camera images are uploaded at full res - even for the montage view.
If the WAN accounts are set to 50% in the "low bandwidth" setting, then all the cameras are uploaded at 50% of their actual resolution which means that the lower res ones are useless.

The only solution that I can see is not to mix capture resolutions i.e. capture everything at 640x480 and then scale the low to 50% and leave the "high" at 100%.
By using the 3 across scaled option in montage (on the LAN), clicking an image opens a full resolution large view of that camera.
Sadly this does not give WAN viewers any access to high res images, unless maybe for events? - I have not checked that yet.

It would be good to be able to mix resolutions and set the scale used for the montage on a per camera basis.
Yes - I have donated!