Centralized Console

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
troyy0206

Centralized Console

Post by troyy0206 »

Has anyone built a centralized web console for ZoneMinder? I have five DVRs (may add one more) and I'm trying to ease the users' experience with having to log into each DVR to view certain cameras. I can easily build a web app/database that gives them a login with a single list of cameras, etc. However, when they click the link they would still have to log into each DVR separately. Is there a way to pass the login/password to the DVR in the URL? That would solve my whole issue as I can just make their logins/passwords match in my user database and on each DVR. It's more work for me to manage on the back-end but it sure would make the end-user's experience nice.

Ideally, it would be awesome if someone wrote an interface that would just query the databases on each DVR that is configured in a central console and be able to add a camera and it automatically show up centrally. With my way, I'll have to manually add each camera to the database but once it's set up it won't be difficult to maintain.

Just thought I'd throw that out there and see what you Linux/MySQL wizards come up with ;)

Thanks!!