Ebay Camera Zavio F731E

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
moredakka

Ebay Camera Zavio F731E

Post by moredakka »

So I'm sure there are 100s of people that ask this type of question as there are a ton of cameras on ebay for a good price.

Here is the camera:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Outdoor-IP-Camera-w ... 3ca77c5f1f

Has anyone used this camera before or have any opinions just by looking at the ad? Looks like a decent camera for the price, PoE, 35m night shot, weatherproof. Looking for something at home and possibly the office that is not going to break the bank.

I haven't posted much on here but if there is a place for camera requests then I apologize and if the mods could put this into that area that would be great.
Thanks.
curtishall

Re: Ebay Camera Zavio F731E

Post by curtishall »

Beware of Zavio cameras. They are horrible and probably one of the most dishonest companies we've ever dealt with. We _used_ to carry Zavio cameras and after picking up a couple thousand dollars in inventory we were told by a customer that the POE was not functioning in their IR outdoor bullet cameras. Zavio (Whose support returns emails as "It's ducky!") stated it was a known problem, but never told us about it until we had sold 8 of them.

Zavio then stopped returning emails, skype calls, phone calls or smoke signals. We have several cameras that need warranty repair and all they do is ignore us.

We've dealt with alot of companies in the past and we will quickly dump a company if they are shady. But I actually talked face to face with Zavio at ISC West last year and they _seemed_ decent enough, but that was all for show.
Last edited by curtishall on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
moredakka

Post by moredakka »

Woh, thanks for the heads up on that. What would be a recommendation for a PoE camera, outdoor, night viewing min 25m for a decent price? This is probably going to be for my home so I don't want to spend gobs of money but I still want to be able to make out faces in from the data.

Thanks.
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

moredakka wrote:Woh, thanks for the heads up on that. What would be a recommendation for a PoE camera, outdoor, night viewing min 25m for a decent price? This is probably going to be for my home so I don't want to spend gobs of money but I still want to be able to make out faces in from the data.

Thanks.
The OD-325CAM is a decent outdoor POE megapixel camera. Otherwise Vivotek, ACTi both have outdoor cameras that are POE with infrared.
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
moredakka

Post by moredakka »

Hey thanks again for that info. I'll see about talking the wife into one of the OD-325s. The other brands you mentioned have a cost that's out of our price range. We have a larger area in the back yard that we would use one of these and we would probably use a cheaper ebay one (non-Zavio) for our front door (Since the distance is quite small). We've had some issues in the neighborhood and want to monitor our house.