Issue after upgrading to 2.24.2 on Ubuntu 8.04

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
eBryon

Issue after upgrading to 2.24.2 on Ubuntu 8.04

Post by eBryon »

Hi, I upgraded from 2.23.3 today to 2.24.2 ZoneMinder, having an interesting variety of issues. My camera sources are mixed about 1/3 gree, 1/3 orange, and 1/3 red in the source list. Of them, if I click on any camera, it doesn't show an image at all, not even a placeholder. I can browse my old stills, but cannot view old streams or live feeds. My log files have a large quantity of the following:

Code: Select all

Mar  2 14:12:20 camera-srvr-01 zmwatch[16347]: ERR [Can't get shared memory id '7a6d001c', 28: No such file or directory] 
I'm currently running with a --disable-mmap option when I ran ./config. It didn't make a difference when I ran it with --enable-mmap=on.

All cameras were showing green and functioning fine prior to the upgrade; so I'm not sure...what I blew up. I have shmmax/shmmall set appropriately (at least for the old version).

Only thing that seems it might be causing a problem is I was previously running the Ubuntu repository version of ZM, which of course I had to upgrade from source for the new version.

Any help? More info I need to give you?

Thanks!

Edit:

I am also getting the following in my Logs, although not on the massive scale that I'm getting the above messages:

Mar  2 14:07:28 camera-srvr-01 zma_m3[18168]: ERR [Can't run query: Unknown column 'Protocol' in 'field list']
Mar  2 14:07:28 camera-srvr-01 zmdc[16094]: ERR ['zma -m 3' exited abnormally, exit status 30] 
eBryon

Other info

Post by eBryon »

I recompiled with --enable-mmap=yes, and still same problem - some monitors showing green, some yellow, some red, but none of them will show the live stream. Using JPEG; both Internet Explorer and FireFox. I'm getting the errors below in the syslog now. I did check that I'm compiling with the same settings for the cgi-bin and other folders as I was using in the old setup; when I had 1.22.2 ZM all was fine. Any thoughts?

Mar  3 12:31:27 camera-srvr-01 zmwatch[6478]: ERR [Can't open memory map file '/dev/shm/.zm.mmap.27': No such file or directory]
Mar  3 12:31:27 camera-srvr-01 zmwatch[6478]: ERR [Can't open memory map file '/dev/shm/.zm.mmap.28': No such file or directory]
Mar  3 12:31:27 camera-srvr-01 zmwatch[6478]: ERR [Can't open memory map file '/dev/shm/.zm.mmap.28': No such file or directory]
Mar  3 12:31:27 camera-srvr-01 zmwatch[6478]: ERR [Can't open memory map file '/dev/shm/.zm.mmap.29': No such file or directory]
lazyleopard

Post by lazyleopard »

Two thoughts:

1) You have run the appropriate database update...

2) In the "Options" -> Paths tab there's a setting for PATH_MAP which you've got set to /dev/shm (probably because that's the default). It has potentially useful help information mentioning mmap...

No idea whether either will be relevant
Rick Hewett
eBryon

Post by eBryon »

lazyleopard wrote:Two thoughts:

1) You have run the appropriate database update...

2) In the "Options" -> Paths tab there's a setting for PATH_MAP which you've got set to /dev/shm (probably because that's the default). It has potentially useful help information mentioning mmap...

No idea whether either will be relevant
Funny you should mention #1; I ran across that earlier in a search (after I posted obviously) and re-ran the zmupdate.pl, told it to use an earlier ZM version. Now, I don't have those errors, and streams are functioning, but I have a black screen when trying to view a live feed, and there are errors related to capturing in my syslog. I don't have the system up at the moment so will post copies of the errors later (tired of Ubuntu wanting to run disk checks, so I figure if I let it complete one it'll quit bugging me).