Changing zone settings for night and day

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
enzo86

Changing zone settings for night and day

Post by enzo86 »

I found older post on this subject but never a real answer. Due to moving trees and sun during the day i have to limit my sens.

At night I could really use a more sensitive setting. Is there any way to swap out zone settings via cron for different times of the day

Thanks
Blazer

Post by Blazer »

You can change monitor settings and call them via a cron job (see http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... or_week.3F)

However this only works for monitor settings, not zone settings. To do this you must dynamically tweak the zone values in mysql via a php or other script. I don't think anyone has yet posted such a script, but I know someone who is doing something similar, I will see if I can get a snippet of their code.
BrownBottle

Post by BrownBottle »

You can also make two monitors for each camera, one for night and one for day. create a state for day with the day monitor cameras set to modetect and the night monitor cameras set to disabled. create a night state the exact opposite. Use CRON to enable each state at the desired time. Make sure that both day and night monitors are not enabled at the same time or CRASH!
Larry

Work is a great thing to see -- in your rearview mirror ;-)