Videocameras non in reeal-time

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
decibel83

Videocameras non in reeal-time

Post by decibel83 »

Hi.

I installed 9 cameras with Zoneminder 1.24.2.
After a couple of minutes of viewing of the cameras, the output of the monitor (expecially if I use the montage view) are not in real-time.
With the passage of time the delay grews itself. After some minutes the delay is about five minutes...

The cameras are connected to a 16port "05:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)" capture card.

The server is dedicated for ZoneMinder and it is a dualcore Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 3040 @1.86GH with 4Gb of RAM. Now its load average is 0,97, 1,03, 0,91.

Could you help me to solve this problem please?

Thank you very much for your help!
Bye.
coke

Post by coke »

Are you viewing them on the server itself? Try viewing it from another machine.
decibel83

Post by decibel83 »

No, I'm viewing them on another machine in the LAN using Internet Explorer and Firefox.
solsrch

Post by solsrch »

I've seen this happen too (1.24.2 on Ubuntu 9.04 server). I had to make sure the frame rate in ZM wasn't set slower than the actual frame rate being sent by the camera.
50cc

Post by 50cc »

solsrch wrote:I had to make sure the frame rate in ZM wasn't set slower than the actual frame rate being sent by the camera.
I have seen the same problem when using IP cameras, but never with framegrabber cards, no matter if it was a slow or fast PC.
johnnytolengo

Post by johnnytolengo »

I think it is because a wrong apache configuration but i am not sure.

I have the same problem and it seems Apache is sending images slower than it has also on the same computer.