New Ubuntu 9.04 -1.24.2 install eating up disk [SOLVED]

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
btrotter

New Ubuntu 9.04 -1.24.2 install eating up disk [SOLVED]

Post by btrotter »

I have been running ZM on an old Dell PC with a P4 1.8Ghz processor and 2Gb of RAM for the past year. It had a 160Gb disk in it. I always ran it on Mocord, and I would generally get 10 days worth of video before it started overwriting itself.

I upgraded the hardware yesterday to a P4 3.2Ghz with 3Gb RAM and a 250Gb disk in it. I installed Ubuntu 9.04 and ZM 1.24.2 on it. Overnight, it has now already used up 68% of the disk. I dont know what I did during the install to set this thing up in use-up-all-your-disk-overnight mode. :)
All 4 cameras are set at NTSC, RGB24, 320x240. When I pull up Montage, it shows them running at around 2.5 FPS.

Can anyone recommend something to look at to see what I possibly have enabled which would have this thing eating up the disk that fast?

Thank you!
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

I'd recommend a graphic du front end called 'filelight'. It will give you a pie chart display of your disk usage. Finding what (data) is filling your disk should be a good start to finding what (process) is filling it.
btrotter

Post by btrotter »

rdmelin wrote:I'd recommend a graphic du front end called 'filelight'. It will give you a pie chart display of your disk usage. Finding what (data) is filling your disk should be a good start to finding what (process) is filling it.
Excellent idea!
I ran flielight and quickly discovered that I left the debug option in ZM turned on at a high level. I had a TON of debug logs on there.

Thank you!