DVR like configuration help

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
InetKen

DVR like configuration help

Post by InetKen »

I have ZM installed and working on CentOS 5...sort of. I have six Axis 210 camera's (testing with only two right now) and I want to record a picture every 4 seconds, not use zones. I have this working but the recording and views lag. If I look at a particular camera the movement lags, it looks like slow motion, then all of a sudden the movement jumps and goes into slow motion again. The time stamp increments correctly but the movement is clearly lagging. If I look at the events, it also shows the lagging and jumping.

I have the two camera's I'm testing setup to Maximum 1FPS and Frame Skip 4. I don't know if this is correct to do what I want it to. I also have the section length at 14400 to give me 4 hour blocks of recording.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ken
agoodm

Post by agoodm »

Of course the movement will lag... 0.25 fps... Thats extremely time lapsed. Try 1fps and no frame skip for smoother (all be it still really time lapsed) movement.
InetKen

Post by InetKen »

Maybe I wasn't clear in the explanation. The movement is in slow motion and then jumps ahead some frames. So, the problem is that ZM is recording too many frames instead of 1 every four seconds. For example, if someone is walking by they are moving in slow motion then all of a sudden the movement jumps and the person is in slow motion again.

Here are my settings:
Maximum FPS: 2.00
Alarm Maximum FPS: 2.00
Section Length: 14400 (Will probably half that to two hour sections instead of 4)
Frame Skip: 7

I also made the "All" zone inactive. The way I understand it though, in record mode, no image processing is done. So I don't know why when looking at the camera live or recording it's just not grabbing an image every 4 seconds.

Ken