Combining IP CCTV Cams with TV

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
jeeva

Combining IP CCTV Cams with TV

Post by jeeva »

Hi

I would like to run a few camera's on Zoneminder from a PC, but I would also like it to display on a NTSC/PAL TV, how would i do this?

Camera's used:
AXIS 210A - Indoor camera, fixed lens. 1/4" progressive scan CCD. frame rate (30 fps), has built-in Power over Ethernet, Motion JPEG & MPEG-4. Motion Detection & I/O for alarm/event handling. full duplex audio. Includes adjustable stand & power supply.

Thanks in advance.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

i dont know of a way, but id to be interested. My first thoughts are some sort of application that outputs via the tv out of a gfx card.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
cordel

Post by cordel »

You would have to use CCTV cams with a video processor, and maybe a modulator if you want to send the signal using broadcast channels. You could also get a modulator for each camera so each channel has one cam.
Flash_

Post by Flash_ »

Many cheap graphics cards and mobo's have TV out now. It's probably possible under linux to mount the TV as a second monitor so you'd just run ZM's montage/cycle view, or Firefox displaying live feeds from each camera to the TV, leaving your main screen free for normal computer use - if not, just use the main screen for the tv feed if the pc isn't for desktop use.

The TV doesn't have to be that near the computer either, coax will go a fair way. Probably do the lot off your existing system for a £20-£30 gfx card. The video-capture and converters are a tad more pricey for that, but if this is a professional system it may work out more independant and reliable longterm.
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

There are also cheap VGA to composite adapters that will not care what OS you have. Many are limited to 1024x768 screens, and they still only show TV res, so text is not readable.
Flasheart

Post by Flasheart »

<blush>

You're right, I should have thought of that - I've got one... (The avermedia usb-powered thing. Works fine as described)