AC adaptor 50HZ

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
ynn

AC adaptor 50HZ

Post by ynn »

Hi, Does anyone know what happen if I change the adaptor from AC 50Hz to 60Hz because I am currently relocating in Asia and the electricity is different here and I could not find adaptor with 50Hz required by my Panasonic blc10a camera. is it ok?

thanks.
cordel

Post by cordel »

That's something your going to want to ask the manufacturer as we could not say what they would support.
MJN

Post by MJN »

Check the rating label on the power supply - it'll tell you what input voltages/frequencies it will accept.

I suspectyou will find it'll happily take 60Hz as outside the US many power supplies these days are multi-voltage SMPS's and hence are quite adaptable to a variety of inputs.

If you have no joy just use any generic DC power supply capable of supplying the required voltage at the right current (both these figures will be listed in the spec in addition to being on the power supply).

Mathew