Expected frame rate

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
chalo

Expected frame rate

Post by chalo »

Hi all!

What frame rate (fps) should be expected from an 8-chip bt878 16-input card? Each chip is capable of 30fps, the card total is 240fps. If I setup a monitor using /dev/video0 - channel 0 I am able to get 30fps, but the instant I setup a monitor using /dev/video0 - channel 1, the rate on both monitors drops to 5fps. I expected to get something lower than 15fps (30fps/2channels) from each channel from the same device... but 5 seems way too low. 10fps would be great for me... Is there any way to get a higher frame rate?

Here's something else: If I delete the monitor on channel 1, I keep on getting 5fps on channel 0 until I restart ZM.

The card is bluecherry's PV183-16.

Regards,

Gonzalo
chalo

Post by chalo »

I found some info in the forums regarding my question:

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6987

Someone says he gets 5fps max using 2 cams per chip, exaclty whay I get, and someone else says he gets 10fps... any idea how to get to 10?