Linksys WVC54G Wireless Internet Video Camera

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
linksys

Linksys WVC54G Wireless Internet Video Camera

Post by linksys »

New to Zone Minder and this forum. Is it possible to get the Linksys WVC54G Wireless Internet Video Camera with the latest version of ZM - any pointers would be welcome
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

if you can get it to diplay an image only in a browser with no activex it should work, you will need to find out the correct path, try looking at how others have got an image from their cam onto a website etc
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
linksys

Post by linksys »

It does need an active x file to play in a browser (but then so does my other camera an Axis 2100 and that displays Ok in ZM.) Not sure of the paths but looked at the source code from the in built web server and had a guess but I hope someone else has got it working and will let me know.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

i cant sorry only used axim and panasonic
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
cordel

Post by cordel »

Sorry to say but it mentions in the doc that it requires ativeX >8.0 and only lists MPEG4 as it's compression so according to their docs it will not work in zm.
Regards,
Cordel