4xBt878 board with 16 channels.

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
julianopillati

4xBt878 board with 16 channels.

Post by julianopillati »

Hey all, anyone know if this board work fine in ZM all 16 channels ?
http://www.lex.com.tw:8080/product/P878H-16.htm

Thank you,

Juliano
cordel

Post by cordel »

I've never seen that board before, It should work, but I can't make any promises.
Regards,
Cordel
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I've not used, nor heard of, this board either. However I have used the Lex boards with built in capture and they seem to work fine so I would think that ups the chances of this one functioning ok. Lex are somewhat Linux aware and sometimes include Linux drivers so you might find that if you ask them they will be able to tell you.

Phil
conor

Post by conor »

Looks like it uses four Conexant 878A chips without a multiplexor chip visible from the front view. Therefore could just use the four inputs of each chip to get the 16 inputs. This modprobe command should be able to get all 16 channels working as /dev/video to /dev/video3:

Code: Select all

modprobe bttv gbuffers=16 card=77,77,77,77
Looking at the specifications and picture of the card I surmise that it has:
  • * Video output port (phono socket on the card)
    * 4 digital outputs connected to relays
    * at least 4 digital inputs - which could be opto-isolated as well (small chips near the relays)
So all in all an excellent board and probably more useful than the Kodicom 4400 clones that are more prevalent - having the connections to the 12 off-board BNC connectors at the side is better for low profile desktops than having them at the top like the 4400R.

Conor Downey
--